Valentines Day is a special day to reflect on all the wonderful things that make us love ourselves. Whether you’re looking to improve your self-esteem, connect with loved ones, or simply enjoy some self-care, there are plenty of ways to celebrate love and feel special on Valentine’s Day. Here are 14 ways to love yourself more this Valentine’s Day.
Let’s get straight down to it…and spread the positive word that Valentines Day should be just as much about self love as it is romantic love…
14 Ways to Love Yourself More
1. Dress the way you want. Don’t be too concerned with what’s currently doing the fashion rounds or what anyone says should and shouldn’t go together or is ‘right’ for your body. If you love the way you look and feel in something then you’re dressing with love.
2. Give yourself a break. If you are harder on yourself than anyone you know it’s totally time to give that up. It’s not serving you or making you a better person. Let’s move on shall we?
3. Treat yourself. No money spent on you for something that brings a smile to your face and joy to your heart is ever wasted. Go get it girl!
4. Get yourself a wee bit more organised; or even totally organised. Might sound super boring but if you can manage to get yourself out from under that pile of paperwork/dishes/general gunk and stuff, you will have so much more creative and loving flow in your life.
5. Take stock. Of your surroundings, relationships, commitments and influences as a whole. Promise yourself that now is the time to only engage with people and things that fully serve you and help you be your best. Gently let go of the rest.
6. Do something you love to do or even think you might love to do. If you’ve always wanted to try yoga, web design, cake decorating or scuba diving show yourself some love by delving into your curiosity and doing it. Life’s for living.
7. Recognise once and truly for pity’s sake end of the earth all time no holds barred freakin’ I’m really gonna get it this time…that you only get one body. Love it. Nurture it. Be kind to it. And stop obsessing. Enjoy the ride beautiful you in the form you’ve been given.
8. Throw away your scales. Don’t waste a moment more concerned with a number. Your life will be over before you know it and what you weighed will be utterly inconsequential.
9. Sleep. Seriously. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and frazzled find some time to just lie down and rest. Fall asleep for as long as you need to so your body can recharge. Sometimes it’s the most simple but loving thing you can do to ‘reset.’
10. Ask for what you want. Really want. At work. In bed. From your Mother. Of yourself. Prepare yourself for getting it.
11. Show yourself the kindness you show others. If it’s good for them honey – it sure is good for you too. Buy yourself flowers. Write a lovely note encouraging you and tuck it away ready to read again on your birthday. Talk positively to yourself.
12. Enough with the comparisons. While your comparing your bank balance, body, wardrobe, children’s abilities or entire life to someone else worrying yourself inside out your life is not as ‘good’ as theirs is – they’re living it. You can’t have their body or children or life. You’ve got something better – yours. There’s nothing to compare. She’s incomparable. You’re incomparable. Love and leave. Then live.
13. Eat what you want. Yeah that. Drop the deprivation, diets and unmet desires for food you want to have but for a myriad of punishing reasons tell yourself you shouldn’t or can’t have. Have faith in your body by giving it what it tells you it wants in a mindful, calm, loving way. And goddamn it – enjoy it.
14. Start something. That dream or goal or wish or want that’s been tucked in the back of your head and heart for months or even years now? Get it out of your head and onto paper, a vision board, into a conversation and your life. Show yourself true love by following through with what’s tugging at your heart instead of just thinking about it.
Happy Valentines Day Beautiful You.
There you have it, 14 ways to love yourself more. Some of these tips may be new for you but don’t worry. You can try them for a week or even just one day and see the positive changes in your life.
Did we miss any of your favorite ways to love yourself more? Comment below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are reasons to love yourself?
There are many reasons to love yourself, and here are a few examples:
• You’re unique and special. There is no one exactly like you, so appreciate that fact!
• You have strengths and weaknesses, but that’s what makes you human. Embrace your vulnerabilities and learn from them; they make you even more unique.
•You’ve overcome challenges in the past – this means you’re resilient and resourceful. Keep pushing forward because life will always throw curves at you!
•You deserve happiness – don’t forget that! And by treating yourself well, it’ll also benefit those around you. Self-care is key for keeping everyone happy (inside AND outside of relationships).
How loving yourself change your life?
You are compelled to tend to your own needs through self-love. You’ll learn to take care of yourself, which will help you grow into the person you want to be. You’ll get a firmer understanding of who you really are and you’ll relish the grace and liberation of being honest to yourself.
What is the power of self-love?
Compassion and unwavering acceptance for oneself are the foundations of self-love. It involves caring for your own needs, ensuring that they are met, and allowing for nonjudgmental thought. It involves believing that you are fundamentally deserving of happiness, good, and value.